I’m a Polish-British writer and director with 16 years of experience in creating animation. In March 2022 I graduated from a MA course in Directing Animation at the renowned National Film and Television School, earlier having studied Script Development for TV series at La Poudriere, France, as well as shadow theatre at ISI Solo, Indonesia.
My go-to technique of animation is stop-motion, but I’ve also directed 2D animated series, mix-media as well as worked in advertising. I believe my style is distinctive through its quirky sense of humor and a dark, whimsical tone.
In 2019 I brought to life the Warsaw Animation Film Festival where I’m currently the Artistic Director. This led to me becoming the Funding Board member of the Ex Anima Foundation, an organization created with Platige Image, Poland’s most successful post-production company, in order to promote animation as an art. I’m also a member of the Polish Filmmakers Association and an avid traveler.
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS:
- Curiosa (2022): Festival Stop Motion Montreal – BEST EMERGING TALENT FILM; Porto Femme – BEST STUDENT ANIMATION; Polish Film Festival Los Angeles – HOLLYWOOD EAGLE FOR BEST POLISH ANIMATION; Cinanima – GASTON ROCH AWARD FOR BEST STUDENT ANIMATION; Florence Short Film Festival – AUDIENCE AWARD; This is England – BEST ANIMATION; North East International Film Festival – BEST SHORT FILM – ANIMATION; View conference SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD; London International Animation Festival – AUDIENCE VOTE for Best of British Showcase; Animacom Bilbao – SPECIAL MENTION; Tokyo Anime Awards Nomination; Crystal Palace Film Festival – Nomination, ITFS Stuttgart – Nomination, London Film Festival – Screening
- Creatures (2016): Sundance Festival London – SUNDANCE CHANNEL GRAND JURY AWARD, Crossroads of Art – BEST ANIMATED SHORT, Offeliada Film Festival – BEST SCI-FI AND FANTASY AWARD.
- Papaya Young Directors 1st Award (Little Red), 2018
- Polish Filmmakers Association scholarship to study at the National Film and Television School, 2020
- Polish Film Institute’s scriptwriting scholarship (Sara and the Scarecrow, Rainbow in Hell), 2017 & 2019
- Dolina Kreatywna Winner of The Polish TV Channel TVP competition for young filmmakers, 2014
- Darmasiswa Scholarship of the Indonesian Government to study in Indonesia in 2014/2015
- Paisa Films scholarship to study in the Warsaw Film School, 2008-2010