Hello! I am a writer and animation director with a passion for stop-motion. My portfolio includes directing children’s TV series and TV commercials, as well as developing an animated TV series and a feature film. In 2020, after 10 years in the industry, I moved to the UK to complete the Directing Animation MA course at the National Film and Television School.
As a writer, I am particularly drawn to character-driven stories, with a focus on strong female heroines. My work often has a distinctively dark and whimsical tone, but I also enjoy incorporating a sense of humor and some well-placed awkward jokes.
In order to share my love of animation with others, I founded the Warsaw Animation Film Festival, partnering with the post-production studio Platige Image, which has since become one of the leading animation festivals in Poland.
My awards include the Royal Television Society’s Best Postgraduate Animation award and Austin Film Festival Jury Award for “Curiosa”; the Sundance Channel Grand Jury Award for “Creatures”; Papaya Young Directors Award for “Little Red”. I have also received scholarships from the Indonesian Government, Europe Media Programme, Polish Filmmakers Association, as well as contributed as stop-motion animator to BAFTA-awarded “Do Not Feed the Pigeons”.
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS:
- Curiosa (2022): Royal Television Society Awards – BEST POSTGRADUATE ANIMATION, BEST SOUND DESIGN; Austin Film Festival – JURY AWARD, Festival Stop Motion Montreal – BEST EMERGING TALENT FILM; Cinanima – GASTON ROCH AWARD; Florence Short Film Festival – AUDIENCE AWARD; This is England – BEST ANIMATION; Craft Animation Festival- CRAFT AWARD; North East International Film Festival – BEST SHORT FILM – ANIMATION; View conference SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD; London International Animation Festival – AUDIENCE VOTE for Best of British Showcase; Annual Polish Filmmakers Award for BEST SCRIPT; Porto Femme – BEST STUDENT ANIMATION; Animacom Bilbao – SPECIAL MENTION; Tokyo Anime Awards Nomination; ITFS Stuttgart – Nomination, BFI London Film Festival – Screening
- Creatures (2016): Sundance Festival London – SUNDANCE CHANNEL GRAND JURY AWARD, Crossroads of Art – BEST ANIMATED SHORT, Offeliada Film Festival – BEST SCI-FI AND FANTASY AWARD.
- Papaya Young Directors 1st Award (Little Red), 2018
- Polish Filmmakers Association scholarship to study at the National Film and Television School, 2020
- Polish Film Institute’s scriptwriting scholarship (Sara and the Scarecrow, Rainbow in Hell), 2017 & 2019
- Dolina Kreatywna Winner of The Polish TV Channel TVP competition for young filmmakers, 2014
- Darmasiswa Scholarship of the Indonesian Government to study in Indonesia in 2014/2015
- Paisa Films scholarship to study in the Warsaw Film School, 2008-2010